Director of Liturgy and Music Wanted
St. Charles Borromeo is looking for a Director of Liturgy and Music (DLM) who will be the principle musician and oversee, coordinate, and implement all aspects of the parish's liturgical life to the highest professional standards. This includes: Music, Art & Environment, and Ritual and Liturgical catechesis and formation.
He or she must be a practicing Catholic with a minimum Bachelor's Degree in music performance and/or education as well as 3 - 5 years parish experience with Catholic Liturgy, proficiency in organ, piano, and vocal skills, engage congregational singing, conduct rehearsals and direct cantors, adult and children choirs, adult and children hand bell choirs as well as Holy Days, funerals, weddings and other church and school services.
1. DLM should have good knowledge and quality repertoire for liturgical music program for all ages.
2. DLM facilitates the Parish's Worship Commission under Pastoral Council.
3. Coordinates and/or oversees Art and Environment Committee, as well as provide training of all liturgical ministers.
4. DLM must prepare and administrate Worship Commission's annual budget, which includes the purchase of music, payment of liturgical supplies, or additional musical personnel.
5. DLM is to secure copyright fees and permissions.
6. DLM creates Prayers of the Faithful for weekend Masses and provides Order of Worship for Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter and other special occasions when needed.
This is a Full-time (35 hours) position with an Annual Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. All funerals and weddings are extra compensation.
Regular weekend and evening work hours required. Provide music for three weekend Masses and additional liturgies during Holy Week, sacramental celebrations, weddings and funerals.
Start Date is July 1, 2014 (negotiable)
Please email resume and salary history to the Search Committee by June 6, 2014
To Apply Contact:
Director of Music and Liturgy Search Committee
5571 S. Marilyn St.
Milwaukee, WI 53221
Please join us for Rosary Devotions
Wednesdays in May
at 6:30 pm
Scrap Metal Drive
Proceeds go towards technology
Saturday, May 17, 2014
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Proceeds go toward 7 & 8th Grade Washington DC Trip
Saturday, May 17th
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Bridal Fashion Show
Come and model your wedding attire!
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Thanks for all you do! All volunteers are invited!
Please join us in the parish hall.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
6:00 - 7:00 pm
Follow us on Facebook!